Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Sunday 17 January 2016 09:14:33 Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 12:28:32PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > Not if bin is not in your path it isn't.
> >
> > Oh?  Since when?  Neither is /home/gene/log, but I use that
> > regularly in several scrips and from the command line since I have a
> > user=me "tail -fn100 log/fetchmail.log" running in a console tab
> > right
>
> I think you'll find the 'tail' command is in your path, in this
> instance.

tail is the program, not the argument.  The argument of course is the
list of options between tail and the filename its supposed to look at.

> > now.  I long ago got sick and tired of fighting with permissions on
> > stuff in  /var/log that I ought to be able to read.
>
> That's debatable, e.g. if I was sys admin of a multiuser system I
> wouldn't any Tom Dick or Harry perusing the logs.
>
> If you want to to query the logs get root to add you to the 'admin'
> group.

I hadn't thought of that.  My bad. OTOH, although no one has come thru
the router except to view my web page, do I really want to do that in
the event they do get thru?  That could make their raising a little hell
just that much easier.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)