Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Sat 16 Jan 2016 at 12:28:32 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > I was cd'd to /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0 and the command issued was
> > > bin/eagle, which is perfectly legal syntax.
> >
> > Not if bin is not in your path it isn't.
>
> Oh?  Since when?  Neither is /home/gene/log, but I use that regularly in
> several scrips and from the command line since I have a
> user=me "tail -fn100 log/fetchmail.log" running in a console tab right
> now.

No syntax problems here. And I wouldn't quarrel with
    tail -fn100 log/fetchmail.log
in a script either. However, I don't think it wise to write anything like
    bin/eagle
into a script. That could accidentally run bin/eagle from whichever
directory you (or the script) happen to find yourself in.

Cheers,
David.