Re: updating ifupdown conflicts with systemd

Am 13.01.2016 um 16:00 schrieb Hans:
> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I'm curious if other people also experience such problems?
>>> If yes, I'd like to file the bug, but at the moment I don't know if the
>>> problem is with ifupdown2 or systemd.
>>
> I tried ifupdown2, but at the moment I get only an ip address with dhcp. The
> entries in /etc/network/interfaces are completely igored. Installing ifupdown2
> does not make any difference.
>
>> There is no bug.
>> Simply wait until matching versions of systemd and ifupdown arrive in
>> testing. Up until then, hold back with the update, i.e. be cautious if
>> apt(itude) wants to remove the package.
>

> I think, it is very unlucky, to release systremd with these bad dependencies.
> I hope, the dependencies will be fixed as soon as possible or a big warning
> should appear, as network is really an essential function.

Again, it's neither a bug nor a bad dependency.
It's simply that ifupdown migrated to testing before systemd, which
makes the current versions in testing not installable. This will be
fixed in 3 days when systemd migrates to testing as well.

If you are not willing to deal with such issues, and hold back with an
update, then testing is the wrong distribution for you.

universe are pointed away from Earth?