Re: updating ifupdown conflicts with systemd

On 2016-01-13 16:00:55 +0100, Hans wrote:
> I think, it is very unlucky, to release systremd with these bad dependencies.
> I hope, the dependencies will be fixed as soon as possible or a big warning
> should appear, as network is really an essential function.

The problem is not the dependencies, but aptitude, which prefers
removing packages to blocking some upgrades. Because of that,
I now use:

// Tweak aptitude to not suggest removals as first option.
// Suggested on:
//   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2014/07/msg00398.html
Aptitude::ProblemResolver::SolutionCost "removals";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10aptitude but this has some drawbacks,
in particular: