Re: updating ifupdown conflicts with systemd

Hi list,

> > I'm curious if other people also experience such problems?
> > If yes, I'd like to file the bug, but at the moment I don't know if the
> > problem is with ifupdown2 or systemd.

I tried ifupdown2, but at the moment I get only an ip address with dhcp. The
entries in /etc/network/interfaces are completely igored. Installing ifupdown2
does not make any difference.

> There is no bug.
> Simply wait until matching versions of systemd and ifupdown arrive in
> testing. Up until then, hold back with the update, i.e. be cautious if
> apt(itude) wants to remove the package.

I think, it is very unlucky, to release systremd with these bad dependencies.
I hope, the dependencies will be fixed as soon as possible or a big warning
should appear, as network is really an essential function.

Best regards

Hans