Re: gschem only partially works

On Sunday 10 January 2016 06:47:03 Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 1/9/2016 8:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Actually I did get it to open that file when used as an argument
> > from a console window, in the local wiki, but its a one page file
> > that points at www.gpleda.org, a site that apparently does not exist
> > or the iceweasel cannot find.  But the site CAN be pinged.  A new
> > ssl problem?
>
> Doubt it's a ssl problem. I got there thru the "Homepage" link on
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/geda-doc. It referred to
> http://geda.seul.org/ which redirected to http://www.gpleda.org/
> {not to https:}. That body of that page points to
> http://www.geda-project.org/ which fails with "timeout" rather
> than "connection refused".
>
> However all is not lost ;} A DuckDuckGo search for documentation
> gave:
> geda:documentation [gEDA Project Wiki]
> FAQ-gschem: Questions about installing, configuring, and using
> gschem. Also, ... geda/documentation.txt · Last modified:
> 2015/08/25 06:06 by vzh
> wiki.geda-project.org/geda:documentation
>
> http://wiki.geda-project.org/geda:documentation states:
> "These are the official project docs. They have been converted
> from LaTeX and HTML documents into Wiki pages so that the gEDA
> community may more easily maintain them."
>
> HTH

Maybe so, but I find all the focus changes needed to read the stuff
online leads to gross amounts of typu's.  So I prefer hard copy I can
lay to one side of the keyboard to consult.

And I just had an unusual occurrence. My Brother HGL-3170-CDW color laser
is at the 175,000 mile mark in its life, and is both leaking some toner
and jamming slightly more frequently.  After clearing a rear end turn
around jam (it does duplex) I had folded my arms and stood there to
observe it for a bit and my arms laying on the front edge of the
printer, and apparently pressed the cancel button.  No way out except a
powerdown reset, which it has had maybe 50 times in its life.  That
cleared the buffer, so I had to figure out where to restart evince
again.  Turned out to be page 33 IIRC. But the printer, while doing
duplex all its life so far, has always spit out the finished page BEFORE
it pulled in another sheet from the tray, which takes it about 15
seconds to do.

But now, its pulling it while printing the back side of a sheet, so that
when the finished page is ejected, the front side of the next page
follows that page out, only about an inch and a half behind it, and is
then pulled back in to get turned over somehow so it can do the other
side.

In round figures, that at least doubles the printers pages per minute.
And before I finished typing this, it was done with that nominally 175
pages of pcb.pdf.  Now to punch it and bind it in a 3 ringer.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)