Re: gschem only partially works

On 1/9/2016 8:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
[snip]
Actually I did get it to open that file when used as an argument from a
console window, in the local wiki, but its a one page file that points
at www.gpleda.org, a site that apparently does not exist or the
iceweasel cannot find.  But the site CAN be pinged.  A new ssl problem?

Doubt it's a ssl problem. I got there thru the "Homepage" link on https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/geda-doc. It referred to http://geda.seul.org/ which redirected to http://www.gpleda.org/ {not to https:}. That body of that page points to http://www.geda-project.org/ which fails with "timeout" rather than "connection refused".

However all is not lost ;} A DuckDuckGo search for documentation gave:
geda:documentation [gEDA Project Wiki]
FAQ-gschem: Questions about installing, configuring, and using gschem. Also, ... geda/documentation.txt · Last modified: 2015/08/25 06:06 by vzh
wiki.geda-project.org/geda:documentation

http://wiki.geda-project.org/geda:documentation states:
"These are the official project docs. They have been converted from LaTeX and HTML documents into Wiki pages so that the gEDA community may more easily maintain them."

HTH