Re: Iceweasel updates

On 2015-11-02 13:03:14 +0000, Brian wrote:
> The reason you advance is probably the one which bank's IT section would
> give if you asked them. Quite how a user's browser can compromise the
> security of the site itself is unlikely to be explained.

The user's browser cannot compromise the site itself. But a security
bug may permit an attacker to get the user's login and password, and
neither the bank nor the user would like this.

> The OP could look at
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/Iceweasel#User-Agent_string

Note that if the user tries to overrides the bank security decision
and has his bank account compromised, he will probably get the full
responsibility. I would definitely not recommend to do this.