Re: Iceweasel updates

On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 07:19:46 -0500
Jack Dangler <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Jack,

>Got a msg this morning from online bank service that my browser

Your banking service is being lazy;  They don't want to 'support' an
older version Ff.  If Iceweasel still works on their site, carry on
using it.  Security issues with IW v31 notwithstanding, of course.

Chances are, they're sniffing the ID string simply to figure out what the
browser can handle (flash, java-wise, etc.)  Again, the lazy way to do
it.

I use Pale Moon (a fork of FF), version ID v25, and am constantly
informed my browser is either "out of date" or "unsupported".  Again,
because these sites are being lazy.  It works;  So what do I care?

--
 Regards  _
This is the fifty first state of the USA