Re: LXDE Display Coordination

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 11:04:46 -0800 (PST)
ray <ray@aarden.us> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 10:50:06 AM UTC-6, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
>Charlie,
>
>Thank you that looks good.  My challenge to implement it is the response to an attempted
>
>apt-get install xrandr
>which produces
>Package xrandr is not available, but is referred to by another package.
>This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
>is only available from another source
>However the following packages replace it:
>  x11-xserver-utils
>E: Package 'xrandr' has no installation candidate
>
>Then my first question is 'where is autostart'?

According to your original message,
start quote:
I would like to change the user desktop displays to 1960x108 from 3800x
2400 as the font is not readable.

The setup for root is appropriately sized.  So I copied the files from:
/etc/xdg/openbox/   lsxde-rc.xml, menu.xml, rc.xml and autostart
/home/me/.config/openbox

end quote

Then, autostart appears to be where you copied it to.

On the other hand, I increase my own font size by changing the DPI.
Since I use Xfce, there is a setting available to set a custonm dpi. By
increasing or decreasing that dpi, it changes the font size system wide.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914