Re: Help with ddrescue

On Tue, 12 May 2015 06:18:34 -0400
German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 2015 08:57:28 +0100
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 12 May 2015 01:15:20 German wrote:
> > > Well, Wanderer, I got the drive cloned, it took three days, with
> > > no positive results.
> >
> > What results did you expect?  You cloned it.  You now presumablty
> > have a clone.  You can now work on the clone.  What else?
> >
> > USB is very slow.  Might you be able to work on teh clone more
> > directly?
> >
> > Lisi
> >

> Great. And what this work involves?

The original drive had a broken file system. You cloned it. "Cloning"
means to make an identical copy. You now have a clone with a broken
file system. That means that you can now try to fix the file system on
that clone - avoiding to touch the original, possibly broken drive.
Read through this thread again, now that you have something to work
with. Many good suggestions have been made here.

The error message you posted even suggests a fix:

"NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important!"

Why not start there?

Petter

--