Re: no root file system after encryption

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Bob Proulx writes:
> > Why no LVM?  Using LVM is the way I always do it because that allows
>
> I didn't have any particular reason to avoid LVM. I just tried if
> encrypted installation succeeds without it.  Now that I tried with LVM,
> installation was simple and worked without issues.

Yes.  I was thinking that might improve the experience.  :-)  Good.

> One thing that I noticed was that LVM option uses by default ext2 for
> /boot, whereas some people on the list suggested ext4.  So I manually
> changed that.

Oh well.  As you saw I had the opposite recommendation.  I always use
and recommend a ext2 /boot.  However also note that I wrote that these
days with a moderately sized 512M /boot that the difference is hardly
worth discussing.  I wouldn't change it after having done it.
(Although since it is a separate partition it is trivial to do so.)

Glad to hear you have things going for you.

Bob