Re: no root file system after encryption

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> I'll watch the video, but I was not planing to use LVM and my problem is
> related to non-LVM partition encyrption.

Why no LVM?  Using LVM is the way I always do it because that allows
me to encrypt a single partition and therefore only require a single
passphrase to decrypt and load.  Typically with multiple partitions
then each and every separate partition requires a passphrase.  That
gets to be rather a pain.  Having one encrypted partition for LVM and
then using LVM to create multiple logical volumes just seems the best
way to do things.  Also with large amounts of storage having LVM is
simply convenient.  Therefore I am interested to know why you are
avoiding LVM in your environment.

Bob