Re: Attempt to Move Root

Nicolas George a écrit :
> Le septidi 7 nivôse, an CCXXIV, Pascal Hambourg a écrit :
>> You are confusing GPT (partition table format) and UEFI (firmware and
>> boot interface).
>
> Quite the contrary, I am trying to de-confuse by using exactly the correct
> terms.

There was nothing confusing in Sven's message until you mentionned UEFI

>> Can you tell more ? AFAIK, there is no equivalent to the "BIOS boot"
>> partition in the MSDOS partition scheme.
>
> What is there to tell more? You create a partition and decide it is for the
> bootloader, period.

Could you please give a concrete example ?
AFAIK, GRUB cannot use a partition in MSDOS format to store its core
image in the same way as it uses a BIOS boot partition in GPT format.
If you're talking about a partition mounted on /boot/grub, it is not the
same at all. If you're talking about another bootloader, please name it.