Re: Digital signatures

On 12/27/2015 02:59 AM, Teemu Likonen wrote:

> If we change the subject to digital signatures I think that having the
> signature in a separate MIME part is the modern way. You had the PGP
> signature in the body of the message (and it's fine with me and my mail
> client) but separate MIME parts allow clients to display and save
> different parts correctly.

OK.  I use Engimail with Icedove/Thunderbird, and it warned me that some
mail clients don't properly handle PGP/MIME, but that all clients should
handle inline PGP.  I wasn't sure how many clients out there didn't
accept the MIME version, so I went with inline to be safe.

I do have one question about the MIME version, though.  I've seen
mailing lists that add a footer to each message (in the form of a
signature).  With inline PGP, this footer gets appended after the
signature block, and everything is wonderful.  Would MIME work properly
with that, since it doesn't seem to explicitly define the start and end
of the signed message?

--
Anthony Mapes