Re: Attempt to Move Root

Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
> Le duodi 2 nivôse, an CCXXIV, John Hasler a écrit :
>> Think about multiboot home user systems.

> Multiboot or no multiboot, once the system(s) is/are installed, nobody
> writes outside the partitions.

In ye olde days (pre-Windowsm 98) some programs (I think Photoshop did
it.) wrote licence data into that space, because it was unused. The copy
protection scheme of some games also tried to hide information there.

So "nobody" is not quite right. "nobody with the right mind" would be a
better description.

Grüße,
Sven.

--