Re: Intel 82576 Gigabit on Debian 7 slow speed.

On 12/20/2015 08:36 AM, Mimiko wrote:
If LUKS you mean Linux Unified Key Setup, then I don't use [it].

Okay.

The HDD's are connected thru SuperMicro SAS RAID AOC-USASLP-L8i
(PCI-E).

 http://www.supermicro.com.tr/AOC-USASLP-L8i.cfm.htm

So, one RAID card, eight SAS channels, and one 2 TB and one 1 TB drive
per channel (?).

Are you using any hardware RAID or JBOD capabilities under Wheezy?

All disks are in an enclosure.

External enclosure?  That card is for drives within in the same
enclosure as the card.

Where do the drives get power?

This card works at SATA2 speed, although disks can handle SATA3.

What is the make/ model of the drives?

Also SSD's are new Intel disk which have SATA3, but motherboard
supports only SATA2. SSD's a connected to motheboard directly.

Try disconnecting the RAID card and drives, and benchmarking just the SSD's.

There is only 18RAM available as of budget.

Do you know if your amount of RAM is too much, too little, or just right?

Enabled [AES-NI in CMOS setup] - and no effect.

Since you are not running encrypted drives, AES-NI won't help you there. But, it should help with SSL.

Some [CMOS settings[ are default, some are changed based on my
readings in Internet.

Okay, so long as you understand each.

zpool create -f -m none -o ashift=12 zfspool raidz2
wwn-0x50000xxxxxxxxxxx ..... (all disks).

What does ZFS report for the size of the pool?

[bug reports/ feature requests] will take a longer time than I will
start to use drbd. If no one fired a request, or it wasn't
implemented yet, then ZFS on Linux thinks it is not useful, I think.

Okay.

I'm open to suggestions to optimize file system and keep the needs.

When you ran Windows:

1.  Which version of Windows?

2.  Were the hardware and and CMOS settings identical to what they are
with Wheezy?

3.  Did you use the AOC-USASLP-L8i RAID hardware capabilities?  If so,
how did you configure it?

4.  Did you use any software RAID, Windows dynamic disks, etc.?  If so,
what software and how did you configure it?

David