Re: Intel 82576 Gigabit on Debian 7 slow speed.

On 12/19/2015 07:24 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> I ran iperf ... ~950 MB/s.
                        ^^^^
Oops -- make that 950 Mbps.

On 12/20/2015 09:13 AM, Mimiko wrote:
I've tested using iperf the file server to the windows server and I've
got 400Mbits.

Something is wrong.

The other linux server got 600Mbits.

Something is wrong, too.

Also I've tested
iperf between windows server and another same type supermicro with
hyper-v and got around 650Mbits.

The hypervisor adds another layer, but I would still expect it to be 900+ Mbps. Something is wrong, three.

Do you have a laptop or desktop (or two) with Gigabit that you can use for testing?

Download a live CD image, burn two discs/ USB flash drives, and try again:

    https://www.debian.org/CD/live/

    debian-live-8.2.0-amd64-standard.iso

I've tested samba speed from windows to other linux server. It gives
90MB/s at read from that server and 70MB/s of write. 2 times of the file
server with problem.

Using smbclient:
 From file server to other liux box - 48MB/s
from othe linux box to file server - 65MB/s

This is what I could test more.

Both Ethernet and RAID need to be running well before Samba can run well.

You have 24 GB of drives for RAID. How many file systems(s), and what size each, do you need?

Are you able to move services off the Wheezy Samba server so you can take drastic measures?

David