Re: Incorrect group on /dev/fd0? "disk" vs "floppy"

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 01:04 +0100, Anders Andersson wrote:
> Interesting! I had no idea such a simple case could be so problematic
> (or that the maintainers could be so rude). I think that bug report
> covers my case well enough. My immediate issue was that I could not
> write a disk image to /dev/fd0, and I'm not sure how the solutions
> could help me, but really, it's rare enough that I don't mind
> sudoing.
> I just thought it was an interesting regression.

If sudo becomes a chore you could write a simple udev rule that adds
back the floppy group, just to /dev/fd0, or relaxes the permissions.

The bug report mentioned that adding back the full rule was a bad idea,
but I think it would be safe for just the floppy

(But don't hold me to it! :) )

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson