Re: Slow Display of Graphics in Chrome

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:32:25 +0000, Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
wrote:

> Just recently, I notice a sudden slowing down of the display of areas of
> the screen in Chrome when it fully maximised ( but still with toolbar
> etc on display)

If you want a Chrome-like browser, what's wrong with Chromium? Is it lacking in
some way which necessitates the use of Chrome?

> I am running a dual monitor gnome 3 setup with intel display driver.
>
> Quite frequently, but not predictably so (say once every few minutes)
> Chrome, when displaying a web page whilst fully maximized gets very slow
> and displays blocks of the screen but then hangs for a few seconds
> before continuing with some more and hanging again.
>
> You can stop it doing this by dragging the toolbar down from the fully
> maximized position.  I don't think I have seen it when not fully maximized.
>
> Anyone else experiencing the same?

Although I don't use Chrome or Chromium anymore, I experience this with
*Iceweasel*, of all web browsers. In my experience Chromium has always been a
lot more responsive and snappier- so I experience and associate exactly
this problem with the Firefox-based browsers; Abrowser, Iceweasel, IceCat, etc.

Strange.

Does anyone else experience these strange hangs with the Firefoxes?

For me they are almost identical to the problem Alan has with Chrome.