Re: debianlive iso with xfce and clamav

On 11/24/2015 10:25 PM, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
Yes; the CD images routinely are designed for USB booting.

No, I'm talking about disconnecting all hard disk drives and solid state drives, plugging in a USB flash drive, booting a Debian installer CD, and installing Debian onto the USB flash drive. Debian then runs from the USB flash drive as if it were a HDD/ SDD -- e.g. /dev/sda. Next, I install whatever tasksel package sets I want, install whatever apt/ dpkg/ *.deb packages I want, install whatever other software I want, and configure things how I want. I now have a USB flash drive that I can boot in most other machines (up to ~10 years old) and have a Debian environment with exactly what I want.

David