Re: Debian seems unable to drive my (4) monitors

On 11/25/2015 05:36 PM, Mauro Condarelli wrote:

Il 25/11/2015 22:35, Ric Moore ha scritto:

The HUGE reason I recommend the nvidia driver is that you will get
much better performance IF you want to play openGL games and less
tearing as you move windows from monitor to monitor. Yeah, I am a
selfish shameless pig.  <cackles> Ric
I tried that, but it doesn't work either, or, at least, I was not able
to make it work, despite I tried several configurations (and also no
configuration).

Ah! That's why I suggested a second nvidia card, of the same model as your original one, IF you have a second PCIe video slot and disable the onboard video. My setup works flawlessly, with all the accelerated bells and whistles you paid for. Jus' my two cents, as the only other way to achieve what you want is xrandr. I tried to use/configure it once and got a headache for my trouble. So, non-free pig/slut that I am, I use the simple nvidia driver setup util with two identical nvidia cards. 4 gigs of video ram is nice. :) Ric.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html