Debian seems unable to drive my (4) monitors

I have a setup with two video cards (intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GeForce GTX 770) and four monitors (two for each card).
I can see all monitors under Windows, but I can see (active, of course) only two under debian (on the same card).
I tried several configurations to no avail and finally I gave up :(

Yesterday I discovered another data point:
Linuxmint (I tested the "live" distribution) can drive all my monitors, apparently with no configuration at all (no /etc/X11/xorg.conf or similar).

LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition - essentially the same distribution, but based on Debian instead of Ubuntu) has the same problems of plain debian.

I *suspect* problem comes from different options enabled (kernel config?), but I have no idea how to debug such a thing.

I did a dump of lspci and lsmod on the working (lm) system and my next move will be to get a similar dump on the non working(debian) setup.
Is there anything else I should check?
As said: the working system has no explicit xorg configuration.

Please help me; I would hate to leave debian world (I was here since the beginnings, coming from slackware to "buzz").

Regards
Mauro