Re: Lost LVM data - lost logical volume

On 10/27/2015 06:10 PM, David Christensen wrote:
You are free to study the source code and help the OP solve his problem.

Sorry -- that sounds harsh.

I say "study the source code" because the source code is the canonical definition of what is actually going on. If I can understand the source code, I can decode the bits and bytes in memory and on disk (e.g. data structures) and understand what operations are performed on them (e.g. algorithms). The few times I have done this, I learned details that were not in the man pages. I suspect that solving the OP's problem may require such knowledge.

David