Re: X not working after apt-get upgrade on sid

I ran into an issue today where X is not working after and upgrade of Stretch.  The pervasive error I am seeing is related to dbus-core.  Xorg.0.log says ... Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket.  Manual attempts to navigate to that directory shows that /var/run exists, but the dbus directory is not below 'run'.  If I try to run startx it briefly brings up the initial screen but then X crashes and results in a command prompt environment again.  I am also getting errors when trying to use apt, saying that no sources can be resolved.  Seems like this latest round of updates really introduced some issues.