Re: System craches when browsing a web site

On Tue, 2015-10-27 at 09:38 +0100, Peter Ludikovsky wrote:
Hello,

This is not a bug with Debian in particular, but with Epiphany in
general. I could reproduce a similar behaviour, but managed to kill
the browser process before the system became completely unresponsive.

I suggest you file a bug report with the Gnome team:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=epiphany

Thank Peter for you answer and you test.

I fully understand that there is a bug in epiphany browser and that one shall be reported both against the package as I consider this serious and against the upstream bugzilla.

That is not the point I want to discuss, but rather shall I open a bug against general as the system is supposed to be robust enough against any buggy user program. This particular capability of Unixes system that make it possible for multiple users to share the same computer, but also for the same user to ensure no program is jeopardizing the others.

Isn't Linux kernel supposed to care about this kind of issues? In the past I knew that if a program was trying to allocate too much memory, more that what the system could, it used to get a segmentation fault, or similar signals, if a program enters an infinite while loop it get anyway preempted to let other thread run... All the nice features that make one migrate from a popular OS to a nice one!
Can you please advise if I need to fill a bug against general? PS: Please copy me as I'm not subscribed.

-- Cheers, Abou Al Montacir