Re: Regarding language display issues

On Wednesday 21 October 2015 15:03:57 Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> I am having trouble viewing webpages and text written in regional
> languages. Possibly, I need the right fonts but have no idea how to get the
> thing implemented.
>
> Details:
> Browser : Chromium, Iceweasel, and Google Chrome Stable
> Languages tried : Indian languages - Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, etc. as well
> as other foreign languages
> Issue : text gets displayed but with many circles inserted in between.
>
> Need a fix!

As you say, get the fonts.

Pointer:
lisi@Tux-II:~$ aptitude search ttf | grep gujarati
i A ttf-gujarati-fonts              - transitional dummy package
lisi@Tux-II:~$ aptitude search ttf | grep hindi
lisi@Tux-II:~$ aptitude search ttf | grep tamil
i A ttf-tamil-fonts                 - Transitional dummy package
lisi@Tux-II:~$

I haven't explored why no hindi in that ttf list.  urdu isn't there either.

Lisi