Re: Regarding language display issues

Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
I am having trouble viewing webpages and text written in regional
languages. Possibly, I need the right fonts but have no idea how
to get the thing implemented.

A starting point for adding fonts to a Debian installation would be:
    https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts
    https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts/UnicodeCoverage
I have not had to do so as I find default fonts adequate.

Details:
Browser : Chromium, Iceweasel, and Google Chrome Stable

Looking at browser specific sites would be valuable.

As Iceweasel is based on Firefox see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox

Languages tried : Indian languages - Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, etc.
as well as other foreign languages
Issue : text gets displayed but with many circles inserted in
between.

Need a fix!

--
Regards