Re: Debian 8.2 RAID conf. problem

Mario Castelán Castro a écrit :
> El 21/10/15 a las 11:11, erdal daghan escribió:
>>
>> I have a problem with install debian. When I trying to install the Debian
>> 8.2 with RAID1 configuration it does NOT add bootable flag in guided
>> partitioning mode. It Doesn't on option.
>
> The problem seems to be your perception, not Debian. Why do you think
> you need that flag?. As far as I know, GRUB ignores it

Indeed, but GRUB is not the only piece of software involved in the boot
process. I know by experience that some broken BIOS or UEFI firmwares
require that a primary partition have the boot flag set. Also, the
standard boot code in the MBR requires it too, so if you install GRUB's
boot image in a partition instead of in the MBR, you need to set the
boot flag on that partition.

> Also, if you use guided
> partitioning, you can manually adjust the suggested partitioning scheme
> before proceeding, so if you really need it, you can easily toggle it.

Or you can open one of the shells of the Debian installer and run
parted, fdisk or cfdisk.