Thread dorked. Was: Re: System Dorked -- Help!

Hi,

d_baron@012.net.il wrote:
> I apologize for any unreadable gibberish. It does not look like that here,
> only in quoted replies from the thread.

It seems to become consensus that several different mail clients
were needed to mess it up.
So it seems wise to just give them all no chance by using plain
7 bit US-ASCII and lines shorter than 80 characters.
(My QWERTY keyboard helps to stay disciplined.)

> Please confirm this is plain text :-)

Looks good in my mailbox file, when only vim is interpreting it
and no browser functionality can hide any HTML tags.

David Wright wrote:
> The apparent weirdness is compounded if you press return in the
> reversed text.

My local weirdness was when i tried to copy+paste the salad text
from the web archive and my xterm insisted in showing readable
english text.
I needed several tries until i remembered Franquin's Zorglub
and his secret language. "Eviv Bulgroz !"

> Where did the LRO/RLOs come from; well one might suppose that it could
> be connected with the OP's locale appropriate to residing in IL.

To me it looks like the follow-up quotation got it wrong first.
We'd need to find the list archive in mailbox format in order
to see what changed when.

But d_baron got the mails ASCII-fied meanwhile.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas