Re: Google Chrome

Chromium has not supported chromevox for some time now. I wonder if it's even useable with orca turned on.

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015, moxalt wrote:

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 22:25:45
From: moxalt <moxalt@riseup.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Google Chrome

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:28:41 -0700, Charles Chambers <cchamb2@gmail.com> wrote:

I just had google-chrome-stable update to Version 46.0.2490.71-1 via
System update.  There's an open bug I reported to Google on this exact
version.  I checked bugs.debian.org and find that google-chrome-stable
has no package maintainer within the Debian organization to which bugs
are reported.

The open bug (#544160) is here:

Google bug report
<https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=544160&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Cr%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified&start=300>

Two questions:

1)  How do I find and turn off the repository that google-chrome-stable
is coming from so that it doesn't update until Google is able to fix the
bug?  I REALLY like and use Chrome heavily.

2)  Is there anyone to report this to?

Charlie

Use Chromium. It is packaged by Debian, almost identical to Chrome (but faster)
and above all, free software.