vino/gdm3 keyboard problem

Dear reader,

I have installed debian jessie on a desktop, just a default
workstation install running gnome3. Via the settings application I
have enabled desktop sharing, which starts a vino daemon in the
background. Next to that I have changed the gdm3 configuration so it
automatically logs on during boot. On my laptop (also running jessie)
I use the remote desktop application to connect to the desktop using
the vnc protocol. Everything works fine!

As a next step, I disconnect the monitor from the desktop. To have it
run X, I have to add a dummy configuration in my xorg.conf:

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Configured Video Device"
    Driver    "dummy"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier    "Default Screen"
    Monitor    "Configured Monitor"
    Device    "Configured Video Device"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection    "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

That works fine, vino is started and I can connect from my laptop to
my desktop. But... when I want to login (the display gets locked after
some time), I'm unable to enter the password. After typing 1 or 2
characters the display seems to be refreshed and the typed characters
disappear.

Any help is really appreciated!

Regards,

Martin

P.S. It is very important for me to have 1 x session running and share
that single session. Other solutions are acceptable as well!