Re: Mailing lists, CC, followup-to, netiquette and all the rest [was: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer]

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 08:57:30AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware of all that. And I never said the CoC is wrong or should
> be changed. I'm just advocating for dealing with those who fail this
> CoC (especially this little technical item) more gracefully. That's all.

As in a another post of mine where I mentioned that because the list is
open then it makes sense to CC a poster if they appear to be newbie and
you're not sure if they're subscribed.

Also I've seen some posts where the OP has asked to be CC'd and
subsequent replies have been to the list only.

It may seem like I'm contradicting myself, but I'm suggesting that
discretion is required. I have seen some threads where the OP has
requested help installing Debian and there's been about 10 replies with
requests for more information and the OP hasn't replied to any of them,
doesn't it make sense to CC the OP in that case, just to at least ensure
that no one is 'talking to a brick wall'?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X