Re: Reinstall Stretch - Returns to Grub

control-alt-f7 gets you back to graphical mode. On Sun, 18 Oct 2015, ray wrote:

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 20:17:52
From: ray <ray@aarden.us>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Reinstall Stretch - Returns to Grub

I have stretch installed on a Toshiba and I am not able to reinstall it.
The first instance was installed using the BIOS mode CSM.  I want to reinstall using UEFI.

Now, I am using the a USB stick which Rufus was used to install stretch 64 DVD disk 1.  I changed the BIOS from CSM to UEFI.  After inserting the USB stick into the laptop, the Debian graphic page came up.  I pressed tab to open a command line to input:
video=VGA:1860x1080
This is to limit how small the font shows up in the following screens.

I got a command line prompt:
grub>
I input the video command.  No errors were reported.  But I have not found out how to get out of the command line mode.

After turning of the laptop and back on without the USB stick, it goes directly to the grub prompt.  I put the stick back in and power cycle it, it comes back to the grub prompt.  I repeated with rufus to see if the stick may have been changed.  The newly written stick does not change anything, it goes directly to the grub prompt.

How do I move this forward?
Run the video command
Continue the installation process from the command line.