Re: Mailing lists, CC, followup-to, netiquette and all the rest [was: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer]

On Sun 18 Oct 2015 at 17:44:55 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 04:55:10PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
> > I'd also like the copy to the list to land in my list folder, not be
> > discarded.
>
> The ultimate feature is just a duplicate filter (a couple of lines of
> procmail). You'll have to configure the "mail sorter" (you're probably
> using KMail) accoringly, because probably the "copy for you" will
> arrive earlier.

Isn't this the essence of the problem? The couple of lines of procmail
will put the first mail ("copy for you") in the inbox. The actual list
mail will probably be disposed of.

> See this thread in... debian-user[1], of all things (from 2003) where
> our ancestors hashed this out already (with some recipes). Just ask if
> you decide to use procmail (I am, alas, a KMail analphabet myself).
>
> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/10/msg05065.html

There is nothing there which I can see ensures the list mail ends up in
the list folder,