Re: Unable to Install Stretch on Laptop, not Loading iwlwifi

This is very close.  Debian is installed via Live.  The network is not functioning.

History:

With the non-free iso -
  Booting in CSM:
  Isolinux.bin missing or corrupt.
  No  bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

  Booting in UEFI:
  No bootable device -- Please restart system

With the Live CD -
Booting in UEFI:
No bootable device -- Please restart system

Booting in CSM:
Booted OK.  Once it times out, can't log back on.  No root password.

Bootin in CSM (again):
Booted OK.  Selected 'Graphical install'
This went smooth.  When notified that wifi firmware was required, I loaded the USB with the iwlwifi.deb file.  THis progressed fine, it detected the network, used the password, downloaded additional files.  All the time, the display had font sizes that were legable and all the screen controls were visiable.

After rebooting, font and icons were very small. Attempting to launch Iceweasel failed with "Problem Loading Page".

So first, I would like to make the icons and font larger.
Then I would like to get the wifi back up and running.

Any suggestions?

And thanks for all the help!