Re: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer

On Thu 15 Oct 2015 at 21:44:56 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 15 October 2015 21:38:16 Brian wrote:
> > No you don't. You only have change the printers's setup to match the
> > network it is on. You know how to do that with telnet.
>
> Brian -
>
> Could you give some hints as to how two separate devices can share one IP
> without some sort of routing?

It isn't a matter of sharing one IP but of being on the same network in
order to communicate. From an earlier post we have

  Through Control Panel, I learned that the computer had ip address
  192.168.100.3.  The HP2100 printed a configuration report which indicated
  an ip address of 192.168.1.201

It seems that the consensus is that 192.168.1.201 is a fixed IP for the
printer. We will go with that.

If the printer is to communicate with the computer it needs to have an
IP like 192.168.100.3.201. Change its IP with telnet. A moment's job.