Re: systemd alternative for Jessie?

	Hi.

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:18:23 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 October 2015 10:33:48 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > That depends on your expectations wrt desktop. If you target a fat DE,
> > it'll be difficult (for Gnome perhaps nigh impossible dunno).
>
> I understood that Gnome3 depends on systemd.

That's not correct assumption (as of jessie, at least).

GDM3 depends on systemd (or rather, on libpam-systemd).
GNOME3 itself does not (as of jessie, at least).

If GNOME is started via any other display manager other then GDM3 - it
happily works without systemd. And that's the way it should be, IMO, as
there's nothing in GNOME (yet?) to justify such dependency.

Reco