Re: systemd alternative for Jessie?

On Wednesday 14 October 2015 17:06:09 Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:18:23 +0100
>
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 October 2015 10:33:48 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > That depends on your expectations wrt desktop. If you target a fat DE,
> > > it'll be difficult (for Gnome perhaps nigh impossible dunno).
> >
> > I understood that Gnome3 depends on systemd.
>
> That's not correct assumption (as of jessie, at least).

It's not an assumption.  I just understood that that was the case because
someone had said it.  I do not use it, and don't mind about it, so hadn't
checked.  The only thing I assumed about Gnome3 was that I wouldn't like it,
and when I saw it I didn't.

Is it the case in Sid or Stretch?  Question, not assumption.

Lisi