Re: print .tex or .dvi or .ps from Windows

On Tue, October 13, 2015 7:26 am, Joseph Loo wrote:
> have you tried installing
> ghostscript on your windows machine? It will convert ps and possibly pdf to
> pcl or some other printers they have drivers for.

Ghostscript is one of the first solutions which occurred to me.  I found a
HOWTO, but it was too complex to give to my associate to follow.

And I found an article written about ten years ago which discussed the
problem of getting high-quality output when converting Postscript; much
depends upon the fonts used (scalable versus bit-mapped).  The discussion
was a bit deep, and, all things considered, it appeared to me that PDF
might be a better solution for my associate.  Also, most people know how
to read a PDF document, but may have difficulty sending a Postscript
document to the virtual Ghostscript printer; I myself am not sure how it
is done in Windows.

Russ