Re: print .tex or .dvi or .ps from Windows

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> I would like to send a document file (.tex or .dvi or .ps) as an email
> attachment to an associate so that he can print a copy and file it.
> There is no need for him to edit the file. But my associate is running
> Windows, and does not have a Postscript printer.

Use ps2pdf or dvipdf or better, pdflatex, or even better, xelatex.

> Is there a fool-proof solution to this need? I have considered asking
> my associate to install ghostscript, and I have considered purchasing
> a Postscript printer for him. I do not know which Windows (XP, Vista,
> or 7) he is running.

Use PDF instead of PS. That's the fool-proof method, and you get the
advantages of the PDF specification.

[It's also probably time to move away from pdflatex to xelatex or
some other LaTeX engine with real utf8 support.]