Re: print .tex or .dvi or .ps from Windows

On 13/10/15 15:45, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> On Mon, October 12, 2015 11:15 pm, Stuart Longland wrote:
>> There's also a Windows port of Evince.
>
> Thanks, Stuart; that knowledge may be useful.  But installing Evince
> likely is beyond the technical ability of my associate.  I hope that he
> has Adobe Reader running.

Adobe Reader is harder to get going without winding up with an unwanted
guest coming along for the ride.

By the looks of things it has been nicely packaged as a .msi installer.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince/Downloads

> Recently I was in an office and spoke with the resident Windows expert; I
> was shocked to discover that I had a far better understanding of Windows
> than did he, even though I have not had to grapple with Windows for almost
> fifteen years now.  I remember how, years ago, regular observance of the
> ritual of defragmenting the drive was essential, and consumed a
> significant portion of the system uptime; I wonder whether that has
> changed.

Not by a huge margin.  Better than it used to be, but still miles behind
the competition.  The fact that most Linux filesystem utility packages
lack a defragmentation tool is rather telling in my opinion.  About the
only one that comes to mind is xfs_fsr.

That said, we can bash Windows all we like, the fact of the matter is
that the "imposter effect" is a very real phenomenon and plenty exist in
the IT world in both the Windows and non-Windows camps.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.