Re: googleearth-package (jessie)

On Saturday 03 October 2015 20:27:47 Erwan David wrote:
> Le 03/10/2015 21:21, rlharris@oplink.net a écrit :
> >>
> >> I was forgetting that several other desktops
> >> use Gnome applications.  But I still maintain that a CLI answer to a CLI
> >> question is worth having in the archives.
> >
> > Perhaps I missed something, but
> >
> > (1) is gdebi a Gnome package? and
> >
> > (2) what is not CLI about the command:
> >
> >     ~/Downloads # gdebi gnome-earth-stable_current_i386.deb
> >
> > Russ
>
> the gdebi package contains the gnome version, the cli is in gdebi-core.
> There is also a kde version in gdebi-kde
>
> Maybe a wishlist bug for renaming the packages, since it is strange the
> gdebi command is not in the gdebi package.

Thanks, Erwan for the explanation.  So I haven't quite gone mad, and aptitude
search explains all.  gdebi GNOME GUI is indeed a Gnome GUI tool.  But the
gdebi command is, according to aptitude search, in gdebi-core, which I have
installed.  I have not installed either of the GUI packages.  I'll see
whether it works next time I have a .deb to install.

Lisi