Re: Deleting i386 packages

On 30/09/2015 14:53, Chris Bannister wrote:

Please don't top post on the debian-users mailing list

It was unintentional.

My main point stays.
An admin and IT manager needs to evaluate their goals and decide on the right approach. Sometimes it can be frustrating to navigate between the drops and decide that a product that will survive for 3 years worth it.

I am working with both linux and windows, open-source and non-open source software. I myself wrote a free software(3 clause BSD) but I have not published the actual code, and instead I have published the algorithm pesudo.(if you have the skills it's like copy and paste) I have proved that my code is much more efficient then other software and which my software(SquidBlocker) gives more then others but still I have not seen a dime of it from anyone.
Not even one human contacted me and said "I want to try it".
And more then just that, admins prefer to use a very old product and which they say "it just works" when there is no support what so ever to the product and it doesn't utilize the resources of the system well leaving aside this product doesn't meet basic production systems goals. And it's amazing that admins still prefer to use a software that was designed to be used in a very low load systems on a very high load system vs a system that was designed for 99% uptime and very high load.

So well, it's their choice and they will decide whatever they want.

All The Bests,
Eliezer