(solved) Re: can I access SD card in cell phone?

Thanks!
I will do some research on MTP later on.

On Fri, 9/25/15, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: can I access SD card in cell phone?
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Friday, September 25, 2015, 8:33 PM

 I have a Samsung Galaxy Indulge (R910, Android
 2.2.1) phone that
 automagically mounts on
 Wheezy Xfce when plugged in.  Then metroPCS
 upgraded their cellular network, dropped
 support for that model, and I
 needed a new
 phone.

 So,
 I bought a Motorola Moto G (XT1045, Android 4.4.4) from
 AT&T.  When
 I plugged it in to Wheezy
 Xfce, nothing happened.  After much STFW,
 RTFM, etc., I learned that I needed to use
 Media Transfer Protocol:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Transfer_Protocol

 This is
 available via FUSE on Wheezy.  I installed two Apt
 packages:

    jmtpfs

    mtp-tools

 created a mount directory:

      $HOME/xt1045

 added myself to the FUSE
 group:

    usermod -a -G fuse dpchrist

 and figured out how to mount
 and umount the phone.  (I can't remember if
 I needed to do anything on the phone, and I
 don't see anything in the
 settings now
 that looks relevant.)  I put the relevant commands (with

 some simple checks) into a pair of shell
 scripts.  See the sample
 console session
 that follows.

 David

 2015-09-25 17:00:18 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ ls -aF xt1045/
 ./  ../

 2015-09-25 17:00:22 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ mount | grep xt1045

 2015-09-25 17:00:26 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ cat camera-phone-scripts/mount-xt1045.sh
 #!/bin/sh
 mountpoint=/home/dpchrist/xt1045
 if cat /proc/mounts | grep -q
 "$mountpoint"
 then
      echo
 "'$mountpoint' is already mounted"
 >&2
      exit 0
 fi
 echo jmtpfs
 "$mountpoint"
       jmtpfs
 "$mountpoint"

 2015-09-25 17:00:36 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ camera-phone-scripts/mount-xt1045.sh
 jmtpfs /home/dpchrist/xt1045
 Device 0 (VID=22b8 and PID=2e82) is UNKNOWN.
 Please report this VID/PID and the device model
 to the libmtp
 development team
 Android device detected, assigning default bug
 flags

 2015-09-25 17:01:12
 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ ls -aF xt1045/
 ./  ../
 Internal storage/  SD card/

 2015-09-25 17:01:19 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ mount | grep xt1045
 jmtpfs on
 /home/dpchrist/xt1045 type fuse.jmtpfs
 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=********,group_id=********)

 2015-09-25 17:01:23 dpchrist@t2250 ~
 $ cat camera-phone-scripts/umount-xt1045.sh
 #!/bin/sh
 mountpoint=/home/dpchrist/xt1045
 if ! cat /proc/mounts | grep -q
 "$mountpoint"