 Subject: Re: can I access SD card in cell phone?
 To: "Li Wei" <rootof3@yahoo.com>
 Date: Friday, September 25, 2015, 8:43 PM

 Here's the text of
 that page:

 There are a few
 ways to share files over wifi between your Linux machine
 and your Android device. The first method I
 used was to set up a web
 server on my
 CentOS box and then browse to it on the Android. This
 wasn't an ideal solution for a number of
 reasons, one being that the
 transfer worked
 in only one direction (from the web server to the
 Android) and the second being it was a solution
 too complicated for most
 Android users.

 The second solution was much
 better, an app (free) at play.google.com
 called Software Data Cable. It's
 essentially an ftp server that runs on
 Android (version 2.1 and above— it was nice
 of the developers to
 backport it). Once
 installed, you simply start it running and then you
 can transfer files back and forth between your
 Android and Linux over
 wifi. Software Data
 Cable allows you to configure a password to access
 the server. Still I still don't leave it
 running all the time due to
 security
 concerns. It's simple enough just to fire it up when
 needed.

 On the Linux side,
 open up two nautilus windows, one being Panel ->
 Places -> Network Places -> your
 Android's IP address, the other being
 your Home directory or Desktop or whatever.
 Then you can transfer files
 back and forth
 just by dragging and dropping them from one window into
 the other— in either direction. I've also
 found Software Data Cable to
 be the easiest
 way to rename files on Android: Right-click on the
 filename, select Rename, and type in the new
 name. If, in this process,
 Android gets
 confused about the contents of a local directory, on
 Android exit that directory to its parent, then
 seems to force a
 reread of the directory contents, bringing the cosmos
 back to sanity.

 It would be nice to be able to use Software
 Data Cable to set up a file
 server for a
 group of people. In a sense, it already does this except,

 with no limits on who could download what,
 people can access files
 and/or directories
 everywhere, including your confidential information.
 A proper ftp server would institute limits on
 which users could access
 which files and
 directories. Perhaps we'll see this further development

 in future.

 ###

 On 09/25/2015 03:48 PM, Li
 Wei wrote:
 > Thanks!

 but I'm in China and linuxmanagers.blogspot.com seems
 blocked

 wrote:

 >   Subject: Re: can I access SD
 card in cell phone?