Re: debian8 & graphics

On 09/22/2015 11:53 AM, Rick McDaniel wrote:
I loved Debian 8. I tried to install it on several Desktops & laptops. I gave up on the laptops & 2 of the desktops because i could not get the graphics 2 work.Spent days & read everything i could & followed directions to the letter & know what? I gave up.Hate to admit it. Yeah,they were old machines,but so what? I have come to the conclusion that you Debian's don't want your software to become main stream. I guess you want to feel superior & exclusive. You win. I will find another distro. Advice. Make it easier for people with legacy NVIDIA or ATI graphics to install.Goodby

PCLinuxOs and Mint are two that will work.