Re: BIOS size limit for USB flash drives

On Sep 7, 2015 9:47 AM, "Ken Heard" <kenslists@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Is there any limit to the size of a USB flash drive with the ext2 file
> system encrypted on it which can be addressed through the BIOS
> interface?  (I am using Debian Jessie.) The largest size I am now
> using is 32 gb drives but would like to use 64 gb or even 12 gb drives.

IIRC, 32 GB is the limit of vfat (which uefi uses for boot). I can't think of any other limitation here. As already stated, ext2 is 2 TB. Old bios needed the initial kernel in the first few sectors - basically, for lots of these reasons, make boot a different partition (shouldn't need more than a gig.