Re: Okay, that's too much now!

On 09/06/2015 12:29 AM, Glenn English wrote:
On Sep 5, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

The last time I looked--about 6 months ago--FreeBSD requires a file system that is not compatible with Linux or Windows; nothing can
communicate with it. Has that changed? Or is there a way to install FreeBSD on an ext4 or NTFS file system, or some other fs that
Linux can read? I'd like to try it out, but not at the expense of having a disk that nothing else can read, including GParted.
Good question. I haven't gotten that far yet. I read in the books that their file system is somewhat different from other people.

But *surely* they can read an old PC-DOS file. Everybody can do that. I'm trying to get XFCE going, but I'll stick a FAT-16 thumb drive in it in the morning and see what happens.

Perhaps BCD can read a DOS file. It's the _other_ way I'm thinking of. I want to be able to access BCD from Linux or Windows, and vice-versa-- access Linux and/or Windows from BCD. Anybody know if this is possible, and if so, how?

--doug