Re: Can malware qualify as free software?

 Hi.

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:25:29 +0100
Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.com>
wrote:

> The Wanderer:
> > Some people develop and distribute malware as free software. Do they deserve to be treated with respect for doing that?
>
> I strongly suspect that malwares do not provide freedoms #1, #2, or #3
> out of the Four Freedoms.

Depends on malware we're talking about. For example, famous Metasploit
Framework is provided as 3-clause BSD (although parts of it are
licensed on terms of GPL2, MIT and LGPL) - [1]. Free software at its
finest.

[1] https://github.com/rapid7/metasploit-framework/blob/master/LICENSE

Reco